As believers, we have a choice. We can see everything in life through our natural eyes, seeing and living from our present needs, or we can choose to see everything through our spiritual eyes—through the truth of God’s Word and the vision it creates in us.
- Hoarding – When the offering bucket comes around, your attitude will be the first telltale sign. Seeing with vision creates a desire to sow, while seeing only your own need makes you want to hold on to what you have.
- Worry – Seeing only your own needs will cause you to worry about how “you” can get things done. Seeing with your spiritual vision will activate your faith to know what God has provided.
- Anxiety – Philippians 4:6 (NKJV) says, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” Living by the Word creates positive expectation that God has already provided, whereas, living from our won need creates anxiety.
- Lack – Focussing on what is presently lacking will keep you in that lack. Vision unlocks the power of the seed, the Word of God unlocks the vision.
- Burnout – being solely motivated to meet your own needs will burn you out because you are trying to satisfy those needs in your own strength. Spiritual vision will keep you energised in the revelation that all your needs are supplied by the Lord. The power and supply come directly from Him, and you can rest in the powerful truth of His promises!